Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Budget friendly wall decor

I recently changed jobs and had to decide what decor I wanted to put up on my new office wall. I started checking out my local bargain retailers and quickly discovered wall decor was WAY more expensive than I remembered. With that in mind, I looked online for inexpensive options. Here is one option that is budget friendly and an uber easy one to pull together for any crafter, fabric covered artist canvas. The canvas can be purchased with one of your weekly hobby store coupons for $5-$10, and the fabric can often be found off a reminant table and/or at a garage sale (of course you may be able to check the sewing stashes from any of your family members as well). Then use your staple gun and simply attach the fabric over the canvas and add a "hanging" type of device (you can make many versions from hardware you already have on hand - one pictured below), viola, your ready to hang it up.
Create an Artistic Assemblage
These photos are simply examples that have been posted using this idea, click on pictures to be taken to these photo sources

No comments: