Saturday, January 12, 2013

Frugal Eats - Ranch Chicken

I love when I find recipes that primarily come from my stockpile. By having a stockpile, I can purchase ingredients when they are at rock bottom prices, and saving on my grocery budget. Here is one of those recipes.

8 oz dry pasta
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
2 1/2 Tbsp ranch powder
3 C milk (yes, you can use milk made from powder)
1 C cheddar cheese (I used shredded out of my freezer)
2.8oz jar real bacon bits
2 10oz cans of chicken (drained)
pepper to taste (I twist my grinder twice)

  1. Boil pasta till al'dente, drain and place in bowl large enough to later toss with sauce.
  2. In large sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour and wisk into a rue. Slowly wisk in milk and simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
  3. Add ranch powder and pepper to milk and stir. Then add cheese and stir until melted. Next add in bacon, then chicken and stir.
  4. Pour sauce over pasta and toss.
Serve hot with a veggie (my kids prefer brussel sprouts, but then again...they were raised by a foodie mom).

No comments: